Thursday, August 6, 2009

LIFE, KITTIES, CRAFTS

LIFE: I just completed my first day of the Couch to 5k. Piece of cake! There were gazelle-like runners bounding around me but I kept on track. I'm following a plan now! I do so much better with a coach... especially one that I can pause on my iPod! Go, me!

KITTIES: Best cat discovery ever = Feline Pine kitty litter. I cleaned the poo-barn yesterday and had no ammonia smell ruining my nostrils and making me gasp for fresh air. The pine somehow makes the barn smell much better despite the nastiness contained inside. The pine is natural and we are no longer contributing to clay mining from our environmentally-unfriendly clay cat litter.

CRAFTS: I finished my first quilt top! Unfortunately, my iMac got very sick and I had to take it to the MacStore for some computer care. I'm not going to torture my husband with my quilt pictures all over his computer, so I'll have to wait until my computer comes back to post some pictures of my string quilt. It was so much fun to create and I love paper-piecing! I ordered my backing from Contemporary Cloth and am excited to get another fabric package in the mail. There's nothin' like snail mail "surprises"!

...also, I am terrible at sewing jersey. So far the score is:
jersey dress : 1, me : 0. Sad day, but I will be victorious! I think I'll try making some jersey undies. How can that go wrong?!

No comments:

Post a Comment