Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What do I care about, anyway?

Being as this blog is mostly for me to remember things throughout my busy day, here's a photo of a mantel that I could love to copy. It looks just like ours but definitely more hip:


Bless you, Design*Sponge! While I'm at it, I have been on a delightfully long-term reading kick obsessed with food, where it comes from, and how we as responsible humans should eat. My favorites so far have been by Michael Pollan and Barbara Kingsolver. See my reading list in the margin!

This was a great article over at Apartment Therapy about all of those confusing food labels and which ones we really should care about. One of my goals next spring is to find an affordable Seattle CSA to belong to. I am excited at the prospect of cooking with a box of fresh, local fruits and veggies. We have gotten so used to the convenience of Trader Joe's frozen foods section and I know how important it is to value and respect the food that's on our table. It's important to me, at least. Any ideas on Seattle local food resources? I'll keep up the research. Now that school has started, I need good things to procrastinate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment