Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh, Target, how I love thee.

I always hear stories about so-called Big Box stores and corporate America. It's true... I won't shop at Wal-Mart. Ever. Never ever. Target is a different story and I can't really explain why. Target is classier in my book. They have cheap, environmentally-friendlier (-ier because kitties aren't environmentally friendly at all) kitty litter. I can find inexpensive and somewhat fashionable work clothes. The $5 DVD selection sucks me in like quicksand. The new feature (new to me) that I just discovered and adore is their RedHotShop, in collaboration with Daily Candy. They have awesome products from many of my favorite modern designers like BluDot and Kikkerland. They post monthly and you'll bet I'll be back to check on what's new in Target Land.

...and I WILL be purchasing that slightly weird but awesome Beethoven (or Mortimer) Bust Candle. Hear you me.

Blu Dot Real Good Chair

So, I'll go ahead and add to that conversation that I won't be purchasing books from Target (sorry). That's one item that I'll leave to the independent and used sellers. There's nothing like the feeling of shopping in a local bookstore. Barnes and Noble, you just don't cut it. There was a great story tonight on Jim Lehrer about the publishing industry. Y'all should definitely check it out before you rush to buy your new Kindle (no thanks).

In other news (and I'm full of it tonight), my desktop wallpaper is going through quick changes these days. From beautiful photos from Ken Burns's "The National Parks," to National Geographic's photo contest, to a new Design*Sponge wallpaper today from Camilla Engman. Camilla's gorgeous wallpaper is the newest one to adorn my beloved desktop. Check 'em all out at Design*Sponge. Happy Monday (I'm sick and am trying to be as positive as possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment